Utah State of the State & Appropriations
• State growth expected to reach 5.8mil population by 2065.
• Environmental Initiatives: Increase of the Frontrunner train/clean air quality
o Make public transportation as easy as private
• Warned of need for tax policy changes
o Recognized the referendum, and that he is “listening to the voice of the people”.
o BUT, are they really?
• Paid credit to the legislature for the strong economy… How does government grow economy?
• Education – States that an additional $2.6Bill has been invested over the past 9 years
WATCH OUT REPUBLICANS - Democrats response: https://youtu.be/YvnM-kAj8NE
• Huge focus on how democrats “listen to the people” and tax bill – all pre-recorded.
Legislators HARD at work in their respective appropriation committees.
- Part 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhfk-...
- Part 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7oP1...
We heard 4 Bills in the House today
- 17 NEW numbered bills
- 12 NEW requested bills
Total Bill Count as of 1.29.20:
- House 224
- Senate 89
- House Concurrent Resolutions (HCR) 8
- House Joint Resolution (HJR) 13
- Senate Concurrent Resolutions (SCR) 3
- Senate Joint Resolutions (SJR) 8