The role of Lobbyist in Utah


“Always ask for the MAX, because we can always reduce, but can’t go higher” – Sen Anderegg


Lobbyist Link: https://lobbyist.utah.gov – Records show over 400 "current" and 5,786 registered! – Fist pump to R Moss?


Appropriation committees continue, and are now hearing from other legislators with specific proposals to increase funding to a variety of new categories. Attending the Social Services Appropriations, it is becoming more and more evident that as State of Utah seeks to address problems with more government, and more government spending. Is there a “role that the government needs to play” with those in poverty?


Housing funding where through GAP funding, the developer comes in at only 46-48%, and the government then backs the other 52% through these appropriations. Then, the developer must allow 20-30% of the available spaces as “low rate” in order to qualify for the loan. Deed restriction is then placed at 50 years that they must continue with lower rate for the subsidy.


New Bill SB 112 Inland Port Amendments (Escamilla) – Getting the Mayor/designee on Board.

154 (k) The mayor of Salt Lake City or the mayor's designee shall serve as a board member.

155 (l) A member of the board of education of the Salt Lake City School District,

156 designated by the board of education, shall serve as a board member. https://le.utah.gov/~2020/bills/static/SB0112.html


We heard 16 Bills in the House today – Double duty today – Morning and Afternoon Sessions 5 bills disputed, 2 of which just made it through (HB209 – Health Data, HB86 – Autism Treatment for Adults, HCR 3 – Later start for HS Students). https://le.utah.gov/av/floorArchive.jsp?day=15&chamber=H&sessionID=2020GS

- 24 NEW numbered bills

- 11 NEW requested bills


Total Bill Count as of 2.7.20:

- House 307 - Senate 117

- House Concurrent Resolutions (HCR) 10

- House Joint Resolution (HJR) 15

- House Resolutions (HR) 1

- Senate Concurrent Resolutions (SCR) 6

- Senate Joint Resolutions (SJR) 9

- Senate Resolutions (SR) 0


Have some FUN! Interactive file on the branches of government and links to subdivisions. https://le.utah.gov/lrgc/StateOrgCharts2018.pdf



10 views

Get Involved

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Get the latest updates
from the campaign trail

Nathan Brown

FOR HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVE

  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Twitter Icon
  • White Instagram Icon

© 2021 by Nathan Brown